The Twine to Ren'Py tool allows you to write a simple Ren'Py game but with the visual outlining of writing in Twine. Convert a Sugarcube Twine html file into rpy files for your Ren'Py game project.
- Converts Twine-like choices into Ren'Py menus
- Converts Twine variables and conditionals to Ren'Py
- (Note that conditional results need to be on a new line to be processed properly. See demo Twine file uploaded as of 7/3)
- Option to define characters and variables at start of script
- Replaces special characters and passage titles with Ren'Py safe terms
- Add custom replacement terms
- Use passage tags to break up into separate rpy files
- Includes Sugarcube demo for writing Ren'Py games in Twine
How to use:
- Unzip the directory
- Run twine_to_rpy.exe inside the twine_to_rpy directory
- Select the html file (Demo.html is included for testing) and directory to output rpy files
Curious how to set up your Twine file?
Open the Demo.html in Twine 2 to see how the file is written for tool processing.
Run into a bug?
Drop the steps to reproduce the bug in the comments.
This tool won't be closely supported in the future, but if you have a suggestion for a feature that would help you with a project feel free to let me know in the comments!
The source code for the tool is here. If you want to run the tool on Mac or Linux, you can download and run the tool using Python 2.7.